Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Space Wolves Army List

Space Wolve Codex CoverSo after reading through the new codex, which I think is very cool by the way, I came up with a 2000 point army list I'll be collecting as my first big block for this army. I'm sure I'll pick up other units besides this list so I can have some variety and have something for different situations. But here's what I've come up with so far. Any armament shown is replacing other standard gear:

HQ
Ragnar Blackmane

Rune Priest, Skjold Stormcrusher (yes I finally named him) armed with plasma pistol, runic axe, runic armor, Wolftooth Necklace, Jaws Of The World Wolf and Living Lightning

ELITES
Wolf Guard Pack
Thorgrim Nightwolf - Power Armor, Wolf Claws

Hakon Razorfang - Power Armor, Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield

Hrothgar Longtooth - Power Armor, Wolf Claw, Plasma Pistol

Volund The Honorable - Power Armor, Wolf Claws

Wolf Scout Squad Stonefist (5)- Meltagun, Power Sword

Lone Wolf Erik The Traveler - Frost Axe

TROOPS
Grey Hunter Squad Thunderhead (10) – 2 Meltaguns, Power Fist

Grey Hunter Squad Firebite (9) – Meltagun, Power Fist, Drop Pod

Blood Claw Squad Deathwolf (9) – Flamer, Power Fist, Rhino

Blood Claw Squad Bloodstorm (9) – Flamer, Power Fist, Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT
Long Fang Squad Ironbrow (6) – 2 Lascannons, (2) Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannon

Long Fang Squad Stonecrusher (6) – 2 Lascannons, (2) Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannon

I found some cool ideas online and looked through the codex myself and came up with some cool ideas. As you can see by the unit entry some will be in rhinos or a drop pod. The "command unit" comprised of Ragnar, Skjold, Grey Hunter Squad Thunderhead, and Thorgrim Nightwolf, will run in the crusader. Hrothgar Longtooth and Hakon Razorfang will lead the Blood Claw squads to inspire to victory each in their own rhino transport. My Long Fangs packs will provide long range fire support, and the scouts and Erik The Traveler will reek havoc throughout the battlefield with hit and run tactics.

As of now I have the rune priest, 10 grey hunters, wolf guard Thorgrim, Blood Claws squad, wolf guard Hrothgar, and am converting a new Ragnar model from Lukas The Trickster. So I figure I'll buy the battle force box that is supposed to come out on the 17th that will include two wolf packs (grey hunters, blood claws, wolf guards Volund and Hakon), scouts, and a drop pod. So to get this list completed I'll still need 2 rhinos, 1 land raider crusader, and two devastator squads to make my long fangs. Will keep you posted on how the army is coming along.

Til next time,
Steevo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails