Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rune Priest Update

Space Wolf Rune PriestIn between blogging, running and playing in the Battle For Korfeon campaign, and building scenery, I've started working on my Space Wolf army. My first post on my rune priest I made some progress in painting my first HQ model. This is the first non-tyranid model I've painted in about three years! So I'm happy with my painting but am hoping to improve more as I go along.

As you can see in the pic I've made a lot more progress since. I've been using the Masterclass article in White Dwarf 357 as a guide. So since my last post Here's what I've done:

Power Armor Second Highlight: Space Wolf Grey

Power Armor Third Highlight: Space Wolf Greay & White

Wolf Pelt: Calthan Brown, then wash of Devlan Mud, then Khemri Brown, finish up with Dheneb Stone

Yellow: Tausept Ochre, then Tausept Ochre Mixed with Golden Yellow, finally white added to previous mix

Leather: Scab Red, Devlan Mud wash, then Scab Red mixed with Calthan Brown and Dheneb Stone

Grenades: Chardon Granite, Chardon Granite mixed with Camo Green, Camo Green

Bone & Wolf Tooth Necklace: Charadon Granite, Khemri Brown, Dheneb Stone

Flesh: Tallarn Flesh, Ogryn Flesh wash, Tallarn Flesh, Dheneb Stone

Hair: Bestial Brown, then Blazing Orange, then Ogryn Flesh wash twice, then Dwarf Flesh. I decided I wanted some grey but not all white so next I highlighted with Fortress Grey then Skull White, finished off with a wash of Devlan Mud

Plasma Pistol, Flexble Joints (any other black parts): Codex Grey, then Fortress Grey

I still have all the metals to paint as well as the axe. I plan on doing an electric field on the blade. So we'll see how it turns out. Also all the hoses and cables then I need to do weathering on the power armor as well. I don't want my army to look like it just came off the assembly line. I want my wolves to look like they have been fighting in a campaign for some time. Should be able to finish my rune priest up tomorrow I hope.

Some upcoming Space Wolf projects include assembling and painting up my Grey Hunter Squad, painting up my Wolf Priest, painting up my "Direct Only" Wolf Guard with Wolf Claws, and converting and painting my own Ragnar model using Lukas The Trickster and some other SW bits! I don't like the Ragnar model as it's very "Static" looking. You can definitely tell it's a second edition 40k model. It's the same model I had when I did Space Wolves the first time around. I wanted a more dynamically posed model that fits Ragnar's fluff. So we'll see how it turns out!

Til next time,
Steevo

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. I love the attention to detail and the clean lines of your painting.

    I am curious to what sort of army list you are planning on running.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails